I’ve often seen that when we run admkappsutil.pl and copy appsutil.zip from App Node to DB node, on unzip, we do not get the full set of folders.
In my case, what I got was
To fix this, oracle recommends that we run adbldxml.pl to recreate the context file, followed by adconfig.sh. Unfortunately, I get the below error when I run adbldxml.pl
I see that the script is using jre from appsutil/jre, but the folder doesn’t exist at all. So I tried copying the jre from $ORACLE_HOME/jdk/jre to appsutil/jre. No use.
After a bit of trial & error, I figured that this needs the jre from the 10.1.2 home. The rationale was that since the script came from App node, it will expect same version of JRE
When I re-ran adbldxml.pl after this, it was created successfully.